Thursday, January 20, 2011

Project chosen...

After presenting our top three choices to the class, we have finalized what project we will be working on.  Our group along with another will be working on sugar labs.  There are tons of projects to work on, but our group presently plans to work on Math4.  It is a project that creates fun activities for fourth grade students to learn math. There are opportunities to help with current projects or even start our own.... our group has not yet decided what we are going to do.  I am really excited about this project, especially since it is for a really good cause.  I joined the IRC chat called "sugar newbies."  There are capabilities for chatting, although there were not many members on.  There are quite a few other IRC channels as well for things such as specific development questions.  I also joined the mailing list, and our group created a team email account so that it would be easier for us to share emails concerning this project.  I briefly skimmed over Cathedral and the bazaar, and it seems to be a useful resource for people beginning in the open source world.  I liked the statement saying that once you got bored with a project, you have the responsibility to pass it off to somebody else.  Do your civic duties.  I will read in more detail and comment on my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment