Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Back to work

I just got back from Spring break in San Francisco; I had a great time.  I guess that means it is time to get back to work.  We have created a timeline for our project.  We we plan to accomplish several smaller tasks au lieu of one big task.  That way we will be sure to have something accomplished, even if we cannot finish them all.  That being said, I think that we have taken on tasks that are difficult, but I know that we can do them.

We have decided to have specific tasks that each of us are to work on.  Brittany is going to be working on documentation and link between four's company and Fortune Hunter. Jaime is working on on the dungeon bug; Staci will be working on other coding and design (including menus), and I will be working on graphics.

My first task is going to be to fix the invisible outlines of the enemies.  I have found a simple solution for this bug, so I will have it done by next Tuesday.  In addition to this bug, I will work on adding visuals to the game whenever the player does an attack or magic event.  I will probably just have a simple flashing graphic for each spell including fire, lightning, heal, and also attack.  The lightning graphic should be accomplished two weeks after I finish the bug.  Then each week after that I should have another implementation completed.  I think that this is a realistic goal for the end of the year, and it should add a lot to the experience of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment